What is around.io: It is a social media marketing tool for marketplace sellers (currently focused on Etsy marketplace). I have decent traction and a few paying customers. Most of its market is outside India, so its an all online business.
Now, I am looking for someone who understands (online) community management, understands basics of inbound marketing, can handle social media, and who can may be write.
I realize this is a HUGE ask, but lets break it down:
- If you know basics of all the things above and are willing to learn, I am interested in talking to you
- I will be there every step of the way to help out and discuss with you
- I can assure great learning, awesome work environment and ok ok compensation (yep you read it right, bootstrapped entrepreneur)
- We are startup friendly startup, which means, later on if you wish to move on or want to start your own, I will be more than happy to help
- If you want to know what early stage startups goes through on a regular basis, this is THE place to be, we are breaking things (features on website), shipping code daily and living on sine wave (not sure what this means? Contact me :) )
- I believe in taking risks and running experiments, so if you come up with ridiculous ideas (on face of them), I am always ready to test them
- Data is the only truth that we live by, or I should say we try to live by, no opinion (mine or anyone else’s) is bigger than what data says
- This is core team role: Just to make it clear, I do not see this role as a part time role or temporary role, I see this as integral part of my startup CORE team and intend to keep it that way
- I do offer stock options but not before good 6 months into the role (I like to be honest from beginning) and I will not promise you anything that I can’t deliver
If you like to work with artists, crafters, online sellers, merchants, and like to see them succeed, this is a place where you can learn a lot and enjoy at the same time.
Feel free to share it with anyone who you think could be a good fit.
Position based in Bangalore and can’t be virtual, not atleast for first 3 months.