ZAYA seeks a Development Operations Engineer to join our ambitious growth plan by developing and leading our current projects around the world. Reporting directly to the Director of Engineering, this person will help develop cutting edge technology, which will enable online learning for schools, hospitals and training centers around the world.
· Are you from an operations/sysadmin background but enjoy working closely with the development teams and want to remove that divider completely?
· Are you waiting for an opportunity to own a system deployment completely?
· Do you enjoy working closely with the developers from the beginning of a project all the way through to the end helping to ensure great systems created, deployed and managed. Want to improve yourself, the people you work with and the systems you help to develop?
· Want to work in a relaxed and fun atmosphere whilst getting the job done?
· We want someone forward thinking who knows that removing the barriers between developers and operations is the way forward.
· You must be excited by working closely with the development teams and not see yourself as someone who just helps when it comes to release time. Think ‘one-click’ continuous deployment and you are on the right track.
Key Responsibilities will include but are not limited to –
· Implement a sync framework to sync data across our hotspots.
· Bring in continuous monitoring to our platform
· Work towards a build and continuous integration system
· You want to develop tools and processes that are intelligent and automated,
· We want you to own the DevOps strategy across all connected services
· Help improve the entire development and release process
· 3+ Years System Administration and Development experience
· Extensive Linux system administration experience
· Deep knowledge of Linux (file systems, network stack, etc.)
· Strong scripting skills (Bash, Python, Perl)
· Experience with PostgreSQL (replication, backups, tuning)
· Extensive knowledge of the IP protocol suite and associated troubleshooting
· Experience with application monitoring tools, such as Zenoss or Nagios
ZAYA is an award winning, innovative social-business based in San Francisco, India, Mongolia and expanding all over the world that focuses on implementing scalable systems to increase the access to education in rural communities. As a result of our work, we expect to create the infrastructure needed...
If you want to work in a startup or if you are a startup looking to hire, then YourStory's Job Listings is a one-stop shop for all your needs! Publish your job requirements here, and tap into India's largest startup community.