Managers who work in operations are in charge of the implementation of business measures, new guideline or strategies.
Work jointly with other department heads especially senior business managers.
Work to improve the working environment and business processes of a company.
Strengthen client relationships and ensure the successful continuance of business operations.
Provide feedback, training, and other team development exercises.
In customer service, ensure that the staff members they recruit are quality and customer oriented.
Work hard to ensure client satisfaction and consistent growth in revenue.
Conduct office management tasks
Ensure safety regulations are adhered to
Implement measure to provide motivation for employees
Oversee customer service departments and assess that they are meeting customer satisfaction goals
Prepare, revise and submit reports, budgets and other documentation
Dialogue with clientele about customer service issues or queries
Communicate information to the departments filtered for management
Perform training sessions
Implement quality management and regulatory compliance strategies
Review customer reviews and customer related statistics
• Strong organisational skills
• Be able to multitask
• Be able to use computer applications effectively
• Have prior experience in operational management
• Efficiently communicate both verbally and in written form
• Have comprehensive knowledge of quality assurance principles, methods, design, testing and implementation
• Have leadership and supervisory skills
• Have interpersonal skills
• Be able to work with teams
• Be able to coordinate with other departments
• Excellent project, planning, change and time management capabilities
• Be cordial and professional
• Be innovative
• Have good judgement and decision making skills
You must have both a qualifying degree and a successful working experience in operational management. The bachelors or masters degree should be in operational management or other business related area.