Job Opening - Ninja Master / Technical Lead
New Rubric, is looking for a “Ninja Master”, who loves to combat complex computer science
problems with only a keyboard and mouse.
Ninja masters are highly skilled programmers as a result of training and practice. They are
both a Master and a dedicated student, in their own right demonstrated by how easily they can
change their scope. They seamlessly zoom in to a single line of code one minute and engaging
in an intense architecture design discussion the next. They can do what it takes and can make
amazing things happen.
If you’ve designed and led the building of a product that’s credited launching your company’s
successful services and products, we have your next challenge: change the world of learning.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Define and build large-scale, distributed platform services
• Drive product design and architecture, ensuring quality and time goals are met.
• Mentor and lead a team of engineers and work to keep the team effective while acting as
a lead engineer.
• Innovate ideas and concepts in the area of Personalized & Adaptive Learning, by
applying some of the latest mobile, web and big data technologies
WHY JOIN US
• High Impact - If you want to change the world by building something meaningful, here
is your chance. At New Rubric, we are the forefront of revolutionizing the way we learn.
You will make a direct impact on our customers and shape how children, across the world,
• Rapid Learning & Growth – You will have opportunity to learn every day and
develop your skills in different areas. You will team up with colleagues who have diverse
experiences across the globe. You will learn what it takes to develop a world class product.
• Open environment – Your opinions will matter. We believe that two minds are better
than one. Each member of the team is actively encouraged to contribute ideas, not just in
their area of expertise, but on any aspect that helps us do better.
• True Innovation – Not many people can claim to be working on a patent pending
product, the first of its kind in the world. You will have the opportunity to contribute to such
WHY WORK FOR US
We, at New Rubric, are aiming to revolutionize the way we learn. We believe that technology
enabled learning solutions will increasingly be indispensable. Our solutions combine some of
the best thinking on learning, pedagogy and assessment with contemporary technology, which
makes this thinking accessible in classrooms, workplaces or at home.
We operate at the intersection of some of the most exciting areas that are likely to transform
the future – Education, Mobile, Cloud and Big Data. Our innovative product platform is patent
pending and our solutions have met with an enthusiastic response from customers.
HOW TO APPLY
We are looking for passionate, talented and committed colleagues with whom we can build out
our next wave of innovative solutions. If you are excited by our mission and would like to be part
of our team, send your resume to email@example.com with Subject: Development Lead
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals, including algorithm design, data structures, and
• 4 to 7 years of rich technical design and development experience
• Battle scars from building high performing, reliable & scalable web-scale systems
• Fluent communication skills with the database with the ability to negotiate complex SQL
Queries & Procedures
• Good taste of Unix Flavors
• Inspirational personality, who leads by by example.
• Experience working in small teams and delivering results quickly and continuously,
through a logical and multi-disciplinary approach to ANY given problem.
• Passionate for technology and never-ending curiosity about the next bright and shiny
• A passion for learning, improving and excelling in your domain
Nice to Have
• A live website or contributions to open source software (we love a great Github
• Experience with HTML/CSS and any of latest JS frameworks like Backbone, Angular,
• Experience with NoSQL solutions.