New Rubric, is looking for a “Ninja Master”, who loves to combat complex computer science problems with only a keyboard and
Ninja masters are highly skilled programmers as a result of training and practice. They are both a Master and a dedicated student,
in their own right demonstrated by how easily they can change their scope. They seamlessly zoom in to a single line of code one
minute and engaging in an intense architecture design discussion the next. They can do what it takes and can make amazing things
If you’ve designed and led the building of a product that’s credited launching your company’s successful services and products, we
have your next challenge: change the world of learning.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Define and build large-scale, distributed platform services
• Drive product design and architecture, ensuring quality and time goals are met.
• Mentor and lead a team of engineers and work to keep the team effective while acting as a lead engineer.
• Innovate ideas and concepts in the area of Personalized & Adaptive Learning, by applying some of the latest mobile, web
and big data technologies
WHY JOIN US
• High Impact - If you want to change the world by building something meaningful, here is your chance. At New Rubric, we are
the forefront of revolutionizing the way we learn. You will make a direct impact on our customers and shape how children, across
the world, learn.
• Rapid Learning & Growth – You will have opportunity to learn every day and develop your skills in different areas. You
will team up with colleagues who have diverse experiences across the globe. You will learn what it takes to develop a world class
• Open environment – Your opinions will matter. We believe that two minds are better than one. Each member of the team is
actively encouraged to contribute ideas, not just in their area of expertise, but on any aspect that helps us do better.
• True Innovation – Not many people can claim to be working on a patent pending product, the first of its kind in the world.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to such break-through innovation.
WHY WORK FOR US
We, at New Rubric, are aiming to revolutionize the way we learn. We believe that technology enabled learning solutions will
increasingly be indispensable. Our solutions combine some of the best thinking on learning, pedagogy and assessment with
contemporary technology, which makes this thinking accessible in classrooms, workplaces or at home.
We operate at the intersection of some of the most exciting areas that are likely to transform the future – Education, Mobile,
Cloud and Big Data. Our innovative product platform is patent pending and our solutions have met with an enthusiastic response
HOW TO APPLY
We are looking for passionate, talented and committed colleagues with whom we can build out our next wave of innovative solutions.
If you are excited by our mission and would like to be part of our team, send your resume to email@example.com with Subject:
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals, including algorithm design, data structures, and system design.
• 4 to 7 years of rich technical design and development experience
• Battle scars from building high performing, reliable & scalable web-scale systems
• Fluent communication skills with the database with the ability to negotiate complex SQL Queries & Procedures
• Good taste of Unix Flavors
• Inspirational personality, who leads by example.
• Experience working in small teams and delivering results quickly and continuously, through a logical and multi-
disciplinary approach to ANY given problem.
• Passionate for technology and never-ending curiosity about the next bright and shiny thing.
• A passion for learning, improving and excelling in your domain
Nice to Have
• A live website or contributions to open source software (we love a great Github repository)
• Experience with HTML/CSS and any of latest JS frameworks like Backbone, Angular, Dojo etc.
• Experience with NoSQL solutions.