• Follow standard coding and software implementation guidelines for all rollouts
• Help develop and implement standard software development methodologies and coding standards
• Estimate, manage and schedule projects. Deliver to deadlines using Agile or other methodologies. Use appropriate (agreed upon) project management tools. Provide clarity on all deliverables at any given time.
• Develop and implement processes related to best software development practices and methodologies
• Ensure the creation and maintenance of documentation for all projects/products
• Deliver websites and tools that perform well and are pixel perfect from a UI perspective while following best SEO practices
• Architect and design multi-tier solutions that shall have excellent performance
• Develop requirements and specifications
• Develop and implement processes related to best practices in interfacing with clients
Key required skills:
• Must have a CAN DO attitude
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels. Must have demonstrated this through previous experience.
• Must be hands on and ready to sit down and code like team members and/or QA the products
• Must be a collaborator - someone who can work with others, locally and remotely without ego, effectively to deliver great products
• Out of the box thinker who finds quick and easy ways to solve a problem
• Honest and trustworthy in all aspects
• Must be an out of the box thinker and have a superior ability to solve problems
• Should have leadership skills that motivate team members and help them in their growth towards higher levels
• Must be a self-starter, self-motivated learner and have the ability to learn new technologies very quickly
• Should have a solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and related methodologies.
• Should live and breathe technology
o Should have demonstrated desire and ability to work on different technologies and apply them at the hands on level. Must be technology agnostic.
Technical Skills - Looking for someone with the following skills - deep and broad
Must have a strong background in Open Source based backend development, multi-tier apps and tools development. Must be able to demonstrate the following skills (not limited to) through past products, experience and knowledge.
Must Have Technical Skills:
• Solid understanding of various software development methodologies like Agile and Extreme Programming
• Amazon AWS or similar Cloud platforms
• Must have a good understanding of database development on relational databases like MySQL and Postgres or related databases and should be good at writing SQL queries:
• Must have worked on the following external APIs (or related one’s)
o Google Maps, Google Apps, Yelp etc
• Should be very conversant with Web Services development
• Must have worked with the following types of QA and Testing methodologies and have a good understanding of Test Planning and approaches
• Must have a good understanding of manipulation of data techniques at the grassroots level
• Must have good experience working on the LAMP stack
• Must understand Network protocols like DHCP, DNS etc from a working standpoint
• Should have a solid understanding of:
o MVC Frameworks
• Must have worked with and have solid experience in at least 2 or more languages (at least 1 language out of the 2 below):
o PHP and it’s frameworks
o Python and it’s frameworks
Should have a working understanding of:
• Database Technologies like
o No SQL databases like MongoDB
• Ruby and frameworks like Ruby on Rails
Pls email at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.