We are looking for both UX/UI and Back-End Development Interns.
Bootstrapp is a technology-driven company: right from a traditional online store on the frontend to a (what will be) state-of-the-art returns management software for our clients to a comprehensive market-driven algorithm that determines the right price of unboxed products. You get to participate in building the back-end infrastructure to support a highly integrated logistics and sales platform, evolve the front-end and UI to drive higher traffic and conversion, as well as build the technology group and culture within the group.
Your role as an intern is not your traditional “work on a small project and have no impact” type of internship – we expect you to be a full part of the team and contribute from the first day to the last. If you’re looking for a chilled internship that pays well – this is not for you. If you’re looking for a hardcore internship which will give you real work experience and build your skills in a crazy start-up environment – come and join the ride!
SKILLS AND ATTITUDE:
· Expertise with MySQL, PHP, Magento, HTML5, CSS, jquery preferred.
· Knowledge or expertise in Ruby, Python, and SEO/SEM is strongly preferred.
· Ability to self-learn new languages, and solve problems essential.
· Ability to think outside the box and contribute to the strategy of the technology division.
· Willingness to work in a start-up environment: meaning longer hours, complex work, but way more fun and a significant boost to your career.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
If you are able to thrive in a chaotic and ambiguous environment, you will get to be part of our journey. The salary is not fantastic – the work hours are terrible – the office is not swanky. The work however will be fast paced and challenging – and you’ll be contributing to the growth of the organization. And hopefully you can join us full time when the salary is fantastic and the office is swanky – you’ll have contributed to it!