· Overall responsibility for understanding a customer's brief and converting that into appealing, highly usable interfaces.
· Engages with the business development team and/or customer early on to seek a deeper appreciation of the customers’ business problem/goals.
· Develops understanding of the end users of the website/application through secondary and primary research (user interviews, traffic data). Capable of generating user personas and user scenarios.
· Prepares low fidelity prototypes of sites/mobile apps/features (ranging from paper-and-pencil concepts to wireframes or interactive prototypes) for internal review and brain storming.
· Capable of gauging technical feasibility of the prototype.
· Presents high fidelity designs/mock-ups to the customer for review/iteration/approval.
· Capable of working directly with customers in an iterative/agile manner to dramatically improve the prototypes in a short time
· Able to explain his/her design philosophy verbally and in writing
· Design Tools: Mastery of Photoshop, Coreldraw, Illustrator and Fireworks.
· Conceptual understanding of User Interface Design and the Design Process.
· Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills. Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time.
· 1+ years of formal industry/professional experience as a web/mobile designer.
· Solid portfolio demonstrating design savvy.
· Good eye for aesthetics: layout, grid systems, color theory and typography.
· Strong understanding of mobile platforms, particularly iOS, Android and Windows Phone7.
· Understanding of the limitations of web and mobile, with approaches/ideas to flex those boundaries.
· Candidate must absolutely be in sync with recent design standards and trends.
· Formal education in interaction design (Bachelor's/Master's/Diploma) is a definite plus.