VSO is the world's leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. VSO has extended its recruitment program to India through its partner iVolunteer Overseas (iVO). iVO gives qualified and experienced professionals the unique opportunity to work in countries in great need for their skills. Since 2005, more than 200 committed and skilled volunteers have been placed through iVO program and have come back with enriched lives and careers.
To improve the organisational capacity of VSO’s partner organisation, National League for Commune/ Sangkat Council , through various training activities and on the job follow up supports to ensure the implementation of local decentralisation and deconcentration in an accountable, transparent, participatory and effective way for better quality of basic services for the local communities.
Advanced university degree (masters or equivalent) in public administration, planning, economics, political sciences, social sciences or related field
Essential work experience/skills:
· Extensive background experience in working in at least one of the related thematic areas of democratic governance
· At least three years of programme/project management experience or experience in a senior management role
· Experience providing capacity development support (i.e. Mentoring and coaching)
· Proficiency in the use of Word, Excel, Power Point and/or Microsoft Project
· Good report writing skills
Desirable work experience/skills:
· Experience of working in central or local government
· Experience of managing budgets
· Experience of managing human resources and training staff
· Experience of planning for organisational development
Language capacity of volunteer:
The volunteer will need to commit to studying Khmer and studying the pre departure language materials shared by us before arriving in country.
How to apply
To apply, complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Your supporting statement on the application form will help VSO to get clarity on how your skills and experience are a best fit for the applied volunteer
In terms of financial support, VSO will typically covers return flights, sponsored visas, medical insurance, accommodation, and allowance to cover your basic living expenses while overseas. For more information, visit www.ivoindia.org